Sunday 7 July 2013

Mr Men Parody Concept Sketches

As a freelance artist, I'm always going after different roles / opportunists whenever I can - whether it's in relation to what I enjoy doing most (character design, storyboarding) or something to hopefully build up new skills (graphic design et al), I'm always keen to try anything once and to constantly keep on my toes.

Way back in late 2010, I applied an ad to design a series of characters for an article, which parodied the classic Mr Men and Little Miss series with other common human foibles. I was provided with a list of names and then worked my magic with them. I had no idea what happened soon after, but below are the masses of sketchy ideas I drew up along with some colour samples (while I was still building up my Photoshop skills at the time!) :





 

No comments:

Post a Comment